An oldie, but goodie crazy easy and crazy awesome chicken recipe. Southern-inspired.\
Serves 8. Meat.
1, 5-6 lb. chicken, cut into eighths (or your pieces of choice)
1/2 cup Coca-Cola
1/2 cup tomato ketchup
1/2 cup peach preserves
1 tbs. soy sauce
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Arrange chicken in a 9×13 roasting pan
- Combine the Coca-Cola, ketchup, preserves, soy sauce, and onion and garlic powders.
- Pour over chicken and bake for 1 hour, or until tender.
- Serve hot with gravy, or at room temperature, removed from the gravy.
Maple & Bourbon Glazed Banana Bread
Who doesn’t like banana bread? Especially if you top it off with a maple and bourbon glaze?! I know that many people already have a favorite banana bread recipe (which they claim to be the best), but I know you won’t be sorry making this recipe. After all, it’s from my father’s (Bernie the Baker) recipe file. Enough said.
Parve. Makes 1 bundt or 2 large loaf cakes.
4 large eggs
2 cups granulated white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups mashed, overripe bananas (about 5-6)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine the sifted flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the eggs.
- Add the sugar to the eggs and beat until pale yellow and fluffy.
- While continuing to beat the mixture, add the oil, vanilla, and mashed banana.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- Bake in a well-greased (and lightly floured) bundt pan for 45 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool and flip over onto a serving plate.Maple- Bourbon Glaze
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tbs. bourbon
2 tbs. maple syrup
Mix together all ingredients in small bowl and pour over the bread (cake.) Enjoy.