This veggie stuffed eggplant is the perfect side dish to any meal; or make it a main for any vegetarians in the house! As it’s vegan, low fat, low carb, and gluten free, it is also a perfect option for any picky eaters or those with dietary restrictions. Easy enough to prep the night before, you’ll wonder why it took you so long to try this recipe.
Veggie Stuffed Eggplant
3 small eggplants
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
3 cloves garlic
1 yellow tomato
1 red tomato
6 sprigs fresh parsley
3 tbsp. olive oil
- Wash the eggplants and pat dry.
- Cut a slit in one side of each eggplant to make a pocket.
- Place eggplants on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Bake 15-20 minutes at 350°F.
- Dice all the vegetables, parsley and garlic.
- Sauté the onions in 2 tbsp. olive oil until translucent. Add the peppers, zucchini, garlic and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are soft and mixture has started to thicken. Mix in most of the parsley.
- Fill the eggplants with the vegetable mixture, sprinkle with remaining fresh parsley and bake for 10 minutes at 350°F.
This recipe was written by Uriel Shtern, copyright and reprinted with permission from Chabad.org. For more, visit https://chabad.org/3510795.