WANT TO SEE YOUR EVENT POSTED ON OUR CALENDAR FOR THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY?
|CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR EVENT(S)!|
- This event has passed.
Adult Evening Book Club
January 17 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm UTC+0Free
Monthly, usually on the 3rd Thursdays, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. 3rd Floor Rotunda Conference Room. No fee. See below for the scheduled meeting dates and books being read.
New members are always welcome, and no reservation is required. Most book club selections are available in libraries or through online booksellers used or in paperback.
- Dec. 20: Putting God Second – How to save Religion from Itself by Rabbi Donniel Hartman. Hartman maintains that there is a fundamental conflict in monotheism between God the Creator and God the Compassionate that leads to two “auto-immune” diseases God Infatuation and God Manipulation. He explains these diseases and suggests a way to overcome them. Presenter: John Urey
- Jan. 17: Memento Park by Mark Sarvas A personal memoir by an Hungarian Jewish artist centering on Art as a restorative for the soul.
- Mar. 21: No Room for Small Dreams: Courage, Imagination, and the Making of Modern Israel by Simon Peres. His autobiographical memoir and last book.
Presenter: Milt Kodmur
- Apr. 18: The Two State Delusion by Padraig O’Malley. A discussion from several viewpoints of a Middle Eastern peace accord based on establishing two states, one Jewish and one Arab.
Presenter: Carol Levy
- May 23: The Plot Against America by Philip Roth Lindbergh was elected President in 1940, Hitler has won the war and America struggles with result..
Presented by Sharon Russakoff
- Jun 20